University Mound Ladies Home is a 501(c)3 charitable organization and a licensed California Residential Care Facility for the Elderly (RCFE). We take pride in providing outstanding care to the residents in our beautiful, homelike assisted living facility. Our unique nonprofit status has enabled us to create an environment that is culturally and economically diverse.
- Spacious, comfortable rooms, either private or shared, furnished or unfurnished.
- Three nutritious meals a day, plus two snacks.
- Medication management.
- Personal care assistance including help with dressing, bathing, and personal appearance.
- Incontinence care.
- Caregivers who speak English, Spanish, and Tagalog.
- Personal laundry and linen service.
- Daily maid service.
- 24-hour emergency response system.
- Full-time Activities Director and extensive activities program.
- Secure, quiet environment.
- Built in the 1930s, this historic, stately building is located near McLaren Park, in the quiet, residential Portola neighborhood of San Francisco.
- The circular driveway in front of the building, along with the adjacent parking lot, simplifies transportation issues.
- The elegant front parlor has a fireplace, comfortable seating, and a grand piano.
- The spacious, cheerful dining room has floor-to-ceiling windows (pictured above) and visitors are welcome.
- The bright sunroom is perfect for residents who play cards or games, or have small gatherings.
- The chapel, with its wood-beam ceiling, is a peaceful place where non-denominational services are held on Sundays.
- The private backyard and garden features benches, raised planters, accessible walking paths, and is safely enclosed by a fence and locking gates.
- Public transportation to the Ladies Home is convenient by Muni (Lines #29, #44, and #52) and BART.
- In-room private telephones.
- In-room satellite television.
- Weekly beautician visits.
- Monthly podiatrist visits.
- Special services for non-ambulatory residents.
The Ladies Home is licensed for up to 74 residents, including 60 non-ambulatory residents who cannot walk without assistance. At present, the Ladies Home can accommodate residents using walkers or those who, because of memory impairment, would have difficulty in following instructions during an emergency without assistance from others.